Code Compliance Frequently Asked Questions

How do I report a possible code violation?
You may call the Code Compliance Office at 301-736-2301 or send an email to Generalmailbox@morningsidemd.gov.

What is the height limit for grass and weeds?
Eight inches (8″) is the maximum height for grass and weeds.

Inoperative vehicles are prohibited from being parked on residential property or steets. What is an inoperative vehicle?
Generally, an inoperative vehicle is a vehicle that cannot be driven on a street. An inoperative vehicle may have flat tire(s), dead battery, is not displaying valid registration plates, is dismantled or wrecked, cannot be driven under its own power, or has broken or missing parts, etc.

Can I park my trailer on a Town street?
Trailers, boat trailers and campers are prohibited from being parked on the street unless they are in the immediate process of loading or unloading.

Can my neighbor park their cars on the street in front of my home?
Yes. The street is a public right-of-way intended for public use. We encourage residents to park on their side of the street.

All property owners or their tenants are required to clean the sidewalks and trim common grass adjacent to their property to the curb. Property owners or tenants are also responsible for the removal of snow and ice from the sidewalks adjacent to their properties to the curb within 24 hours after the cessation of the snow or ice storm.

Scroll to Top